Welcome to IPAC Southwestern Ontario!
Message from the President
Welcome to IPAC SWO!
My name is Dori Taylor, the 2022-2023 IPAC SWO Chapter President.
I am excited to announce IPAC SWO's 40th anniversary this year. IPAC SWO has had many successes over the last 40 years and I look forward to working with the executive to continue with this tradition.
IPAC SWO members represent all health care sectors including Acute Care, Long-Term Care, Community Care, Public Health as well as Industry.
IPAC SWO offers face-to face meetings, webinars and educational workshops to meet the educational needs of our members. However, for 2022, our meetings will continue to be held virtually. The executive is committed and planning to offer four virtual meetings this year.
IPAC SWO is proud to offer:
- The Betty Bannerman Award of Excellence that recognizes a chapter member who has made outstanding contributions to the practice of Infection Control,
- Scholarship funding for members to attend the Annual IPAC Canada National Conference.
- Support in preparing for Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC)
- Access funding through IPAC-Canada and IPAC-SWO for initial examination or renewal fees
- Access education sessions and resources at quarterly chapter meetings
- Opportunities to connect and IPAC professionals both locally and across Canada.
- Opportunities to increase awareness of current Infection Prevention and Control standards and practices.
- Support for your organization/facility for National Infection Control Week
- Access resources, activities and funding
I welcome you to contact any member of the executive to find out what IPAC Canada has to offer.
2022-2023 IPAC SWO Chapter President
|Upcoming Events||IPAC SWO News||IPAC News|
Recording of November 18, 2022 Educational Session Now Available
The recording of the November 18, 2022 educational session titled "IPAC & COVID-19: Lessons Learned & Opportunities for the Future" presented by Dr. Jeffrey Siegel PhD is now available for viewing under IPAC SWO Education Session Presentation of secure IPAC SWO Members area.
Application Submissions Closed for IPAC Education and CIC Attainment Funding Opportunity
The deadline for application submissions for IPAC Education and CIC funding was December 1, 2022 and is now closed. Please stay tuned for notice for the 2023 application process. For more information about this opportunity please visit the IPAC Education and CIC® Funding Terms and Conditions webpage.
IPAC SWO Executive Election Results
Congratulations to the following IPAC SWO members acclaimed \to the following positions on the IPAC SWO 2022-2023 executive during the September 16th meeting.
- Treasurer/Membership Director (2 year term)- Elaine Reddick
- Webmaster (2 year term)- Eleanor Paget
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator (2 year term)- Shelby Ludington
- Education Co-Chair (2 year term)- Rhodora Laylo
- Secretary (2 year term)- Robyn Latendresse
It's that time of the year again. Recertification is now due for those who were certified in 2018. If you are recertifying through the continuing education process and require documentation of education sessions you participated in through IPAC SWO, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CBIC website contains excellent information to assist you through the process. You will find the following resources particularly helpful.
Date: Friday November 18, 2022
Time: Chapter Meeting 10:00am-11:00am, Education Session 11:00am-12:00pm
Topic of Education Session: HVAC with guest speaker Jeffrey Siegel
Join the Zoom Meeting:
- Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85724681231?pwd=TkdyeUZRTXlzWHg3dGE2NHlrNXJIZz09
- Meeting ID:857 2468 1231
Education Day Presentations
Did you know that you can access presentations from past education days here? Visit "IPAC SWO Chapter Meetings" on the right navigation bar to access these documents.
An unexplained outbreak of pneumonia has been reported in Wuhan, China. The outbreak was reported to the CDC on December 31st. 59 cases have been identified. Presenting symptoms include fever, difficulty breathing and radiographic evidence of bilateral invasion of both lungs. Onsets for the cases range from Dec 12 to Dec 29th. SARS has been ruled out and the pathogen is yet to be identified. All cases are being treated in isolation and there has been no evidence of transmission among health care workers. Some of the cases identified were vendors in the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan. The Seafood Market was closed January 1st. 2020 for cleaning and disinfection.
Asian countries are monitoring travelers travelling from Wuhan for symptoms. CDC issued a travel 1 watch to the area on January 6th. See article for further details on this developing situation.