Welcome to IPAC Southwestern Ontario!
Message from the President
Welcome to IPAC SWO!
My name is Dori Taylor, the 2022-2023 IPAC SWO Chapter President.
I am excited to announce IPAC SWO's 40th anniversary this year. IPAC SWO has had many successes over the last 40 years and I look forward to working with the executive to continue with this tradition.
IPAC SWO members represent all health care sectors including Acute Care, Long-Term Care, Community Care, Public Health as well as Industry.
IPAC SWO offers face-to face meetings, webinars and educational workshops to meet the educational needs of our members. However, for 2022, our meetings will continue to be held virtually. The executive is committed and planning to offer four virtual meetings this year.
IPAC SWO is proud to offer:
- The Betty Bannerman Award of Excellence that recognizes a chapter member who has made outstanding contributions to the practice of Infection Control,
- Scholarship funding for members to attend the Annual IPAC Canada National Conference.
- Support in preparing for Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC)
- Access funding through IPAC-Canada and IPAC-SWO for initial examination or renewal fees
- Access education sessions and resources at quarterly chapter meetings
- Opportunities to connect and IPAC professionals both locally and across Canada.
- Opportunities to increase awareness of current Infection Prevention and Control standards and practices.
- Support for your organization/facility for National Infection Control Week
- Access resources, activities and funding
I welcome you to contact any member of the executive to find out what IPAC Canada has to offer.
2022-2023 IPAC SWO Chapter President
|Upcoming Events||IPAC SWO News||IPAC News|
Funding Opportunity for IPAC Education and CIC Attainment
IPAC-SWO has introduced educational funding (reimbursement) opportunities to encourage our local chapter members to further their Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) knowledge and to encourage the achievement and maintenance of Certification in Infection Control (CIC®) designation for current IPAC-SWO members who may not have the financial resources for the pursuit of continuing education or the initial or recertification examination fees associated with CIC® certification. For more information about this opportunity and to apply for funding please visit the IPAC Education and CIC® Funding Terms and Conditions webpage.
IPAC SWO Executive Election Results
Congratulations to the following IPAC SWO members acclaimed \to the following positions on the IPAC SWO 2022-2023 executive during the September 16th meeting.
- Treasurer/Membership Director (2 year term)- Elaine Reddick
- Webmaster (2 year term)- Eleanor Paget
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator (2 year term)- Shelby Ludington
- Education Co-Chair (2 year term)- Rhodora Laylo
- Secretary (2 year term)- Robyn Latendresse
It's that time of the year again. Recertification is now due for those who were certified in 2018. If you are recertifying through the continuing education process and require documentation of education sessions you participated in through IPAC SWO, please contact email@example.com.
The CBIC website contains excellent information to assist you through the process. You will find the following resources particularly helpful.
2022 IPAC SWO Chapter Meeting and Education
Upcoming dates for the 2022 IPAC SWO Chapter Meeting and Education Days:
- November 18, 2022
Details for upcoming meetings will be posted and sent via e-mail to the membership.
Education Day Presentations
Did you know that you can access presentations from past education days here? Visit "IPAC SWO Chapter Meetings" on the right navigation bar to access these documents.