Welcome to IPAC Southwestern Ontario!
Message from the President
Welcome to IPAC SWO!
My name is Dori Taylor, the 2022-2023 IPAC SWO Chapter President.
I am excited to announce IPAC SWO's 40th anniversary this year. IPAC SWO has had many successes over the last 40 years and I look forward to working with the executive to continue with this tradition.
IPAC SWO members represent all health care sectors including Acute Care, Long-Term Care, Community Care, Public Health as well as Industry.
IPAC SWO offers face-to face meetings, webinars and educational workshops to meet the educational needs of our members. However, for 2022, our meetings will continue to be held virtually. The executive is committed and planning to offer four virtual meetings this year.
IPAC SWO is proud to offer:
- The Betty Bannerman Award of Excellence that recognizes a chapter member who has made outstanding contributions to the practice of Infection Control,
- Scholarship funding for members to attend the Annual IPAC Canada National Conference.
- Support in preparing for Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC)
- Access funding through IPAC-Canada and IPAC-SWO for initial examination or renewal fees
- Access education sessions and resources at quarterly chapter meetings
- Opportunities to connect and IPAC professionals both locally and across Canada.
- Opportunities to increase awareness of current Infection Prevention and Control standards and practices.
- Support for your organization/facility for National Infection Control Week
- Access resources, activities and funding
I welcome you to contact any member of the executive to find out what IPAC Canada has to offer.
2022-2023 IPAC SWO Chapter President
|Upcoming Events||IPAC SWO News||IPAC News|
It's that time of the year again. Recertification is now due for those who were certified in 2018. If you are recertifying through the continuing education process and require documentation of education sessions you participated in through IPAC SWO, please contact email@example.com.
The CBIC website contains excellent information to assist you through the process. You will find the following resources particularly helpful.
2022 IPAC SWO Chapter Meeting and Education
Upcoming dates for the 2022 IPAC SWO Chapter Meeting and Education Days:
- September 16, 2022
- November 18, 2022
Details for upcoming meetings will be posted and sent via e-mail to the membership.
Education Day Presentations
Did you know that you can access presentations from past education days here? Visit "IPAC SWO Chapter Meetings" on the right navigation bar to access these documents.
As the Ebola outbreak in the DRC continues to develop, concerns about vaccine availability have emerged. According to an article published in STAT, if the Ebola outbreak extends to major centers in the DRC, it may put a strain on the current supply of the Ebola vaccine. See the article for more details.