IPAC-SWO IPAC Education and CIC® Funding Terms and Conditions
This award is to provide financial assistance for eligible IPAC-SWO chapter members who have successfully completed an IPAC Canada approved educational course or initial or renewed certification of CIC®. The award is to offset partial or full course enrollment fees or the testing fees for applicants who successfully complete and pass an approved Infection Control course or pass CIC® examination (see Criteria below). No other expenses related to education or examination will be reimbursed by the award. Expenses for study resources including textbooks and preparatory courses are not covered. Travel and related expenses are also not eligible for the award.
Following successful completion of an approved Infection Control course, the initial CIC® certification examination or CIC® renewal, interested applicants can apply online.
Infection Control Course
- IPAC Canada has a list of sponsored, acknowledged and endorsed IPAC courses that are eligible for funding. For a full list of IPAC Canada approved courses, visit IPAC-Canada. The applicant must submit a copy of an official grade or certificate of completion for the course. Applicants must also forward a copy of a receipt for the IPAC course.
Initial CIC® Certification Examination or CIC® Recertification
- For applicants applying for funding related to CIC® funding (initial examination fee or recertification), the applicant will need to have successfully completed the examination/recertification and have been added to the published list of certificants by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology Inc. (CBIC) (https://www.cbic.org/CBIC/Find-a-CIC.htm). The applicant must submit a copy of the score report, official certificate or email from CBIC indicating successful attainment of certification/recertification. Candidates must also download a scanned receipt for examination or recertification fees.
- Applications will be accepted up until December 1st at 11:59 pm of each calendar year. Course or exam fees must be paid between December 1 of the previous year to December 1 of the current year.
- Membership in IPAC-SWO at the time of course/CIC completion.
- The award is not transferable.
- The award will be presented to a successful applicant one time only.
- The IPAC-SWO Executive Committee and/or their delegates, will review applications to ensure eligibility has been met.
- The amount of funding and the number of awards is dependent on annual funding of the Award.
- No award will exceed the amount paid for a course or exam.
- Award criteria will be reviewed annually. Successful applicants will be notified within 3 weeks of the close of applications on December 1st @ 11:59 pm. No monies will be awarded until after the application deadline has closed and all applications have been reviewed.
- Applicants may not be awarded the full cost of the Infection Control course/education or exam fees.
- If fees are paid in US Dollars, applicants will need to provide proof of Canadian funds paid (e.g., provide CBIC receipt in USD and proof of funds paid in Canadian in CAD such as a bank statement or credit card statement). In the absence of providing evidence of Canadian funds paid, applicants will be reimbursed the cost of the exam in Canadian dollars.
- Before submitting an online application, applicants must review the award application conditions outline above.
- Applicants must submit an online application which includes:
- IPAC-SWO participation confirmation (applicants must be on the IPAC-SWO membership list at the time of application).
- Attestation that funds have not been received from another source. Applicants must attest that they have no other means of financial support for certification or recertification (e.g. workplace reimbursement, IPAC Canada funding, or other scholarship). This is included in the online application.
- Applicants will be required to submit (upload in the online application form):
- A scanned copy of the certificate of completion for the IPAC Course/Training or CBIC confirmation of successful attainment of certification through initial certification or recertification.
- A scanned receipt of course fees or examination or recertification fees. Please note: If fees are paid in US Dollars, applicants will need to provide proof of Canadian funds paid (e.g., provide CBIC receipt in USD and proof of funds paid in Canadian in CAD such as a bank statement or credit card statement). In the absence of providing evidence of Canadian funds paid, applicants will be reimbursed the cost of the exam in Canadian dollars.
- Only completed applications received using the online award application form will be considered.